Monday 2 November 2009

AGAINST POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

















Political correctness is becoming the joke of the century, when the smallest things we say are made into a big platform where citizens can sue one another for the most trivial of comments. Ideally, Political Correctness is supposed to seek to minimize social offense in gender, cultural, racial, handicap, and age-related contexts, however it fails on all of the above.

It fails because the public has lost touch with reality and become over-sensitive. But make no mistake, this over-sensitiveness is not literally that. It is simply an excuse to sue another person for an alleged injury to their feelings. I can still remember the days when suing someone was an action reserved as a last resort, and only for "real damages" that have been caused to the person. And I also remember thinking at the time, that suing for "slander" and for "defamation" were downright ridiculous, as even a playground child could "defame or slander".

Of course, if the slander and defamations do cause a considerable damage to someone's character to the point of this person losing his job or his children, or something similar, then the cause is justified, as there has been a proven loss as a direct result of these actions. But let's get real, shall we? Sometimes these complaints go too far! There are black people suing white people for calling them blacks, for instance! So what are they? Pink? Have people lost their pride in their own races now?

The other day I read from a BBC website that police officers could face disciplinary charges for saying: "Nitty gritty" as it supposedly dates from the slavery era. Oh please!! Even if it does, so what? So now we are not allowed to use words from our ancient tongues? Are we not allowed to conjure the real meaning of words, just because some 20th century moron has changed its meaning?

I lost count of all the times I have been referred to as: "Jew bag", and many other things using the prefix "Jew" before it. Surely the people meant to upset me, but why should I be upset? I am a Jew after all. Do I care about them using the word Jew before insulting me? Of course not!!

In this world, we will always be insulted, whether we did something wrong or not. Insults are part of our language. They can be denigrating, and offensive, and they can even cause you a bit of upset, but what's wrong with developing a thick skin to deal with such people? What is wrong with taking it on the chin and giving it as good as you get?
So for everytime we get insulted we should use public funds to ask a Lawyer to defend us from these oh-so-vile-insults? No wonder Britain is in Crisis!

The funniest thing I have seen so far was the Manhole covers being renamed as "Personnel Access Units" to avoid offending women.
Now, isn't this ridiculous? I am a woman and I certainly do not feel offended a manhole cover.
Obviously whoever concocted Political Correctness was not speaking for me, nor for millions of other people, so why should we accept it, I ask you?

I was shocked to discover that about £300,000 of public money has been spent teaching civil servants to avoid using everyday words such as 'bedlam','manila' and 'bulldozer'. The words were outlawed by the Welsh Development Agency because they are considered racially abusive.

Right, so if I call someone a bedlam, manila or a bulldozer, it means I am racially abusing this person? This has to be one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard, and coming from "The Welsh Development Agency" is particularly worrying, as it makes me wonder what kind of saddos work for such department, and do nothing but spend public money on idiotic projects that ILLEGALLY outlaw words from the English language. I don't remember being asked about this. Nor do I remember our government passing referendums to ask people what they thought of these changes. And as such, they do NOT speak for me.

Soon they will outlaw the use of the words: "Dutch courage", which in their sad little minds might imply that the people from Holland are only brave after a drink.

In total honesty these absurdities make me laugh, because we can never laugh enough about human stupidity, right? But what is sad about it, is that although these things are downright idiotic, there are people in our government who can be far more idiotic than that to actually listen to such nonsense and outlaw the use of these terms. But remember, NOT IN MY NAME!

As if all this was not enough, we come to problems caused directly by our officials' nonsense; when a person can be sued/disciplined/imprisoned for the most absurd of things, such as stating that he does not like a particular religion, or a group of people. C'mon people, when will we recover our intellect? Aren't humans set apart from the other animals for their "FREE CHOICE"? So, what is wrong with choosing what you like and want for yourself? Do I have to be considered a racist if I don't want to date black men? Will I be a racist if I do not like Russian men? Excuse me, I have my own tastes, and I decide what I want, not the government.

I met a black woman who did not want to date a black man. She always preferred white men. Is she therefore racist?

Can you understand the point I am trying to make?

I believe that it is OK to like and dislike things, this is all part of Human Nature. Just as I believe it is fair to choose what you want for yourself, without being abominantly discriminated by those who are iddle in mind and spirit. It is no one's business if some prefer black men or chinese men as partners. It is no one's business if they choose to like a particular group of people and dislike another. Maybe they have reasons for it. We cannot change human nature, although some are desperately trying to do so, but they will fail as all the others before them. The world may have changed, the situations in our lives might have changed, but we cannot change our very nature.

Political correctness (more like political idiocy) does not apply only towards our words you know? Oh no, they also apply to what we wear. I am sure most of us will remember the case of Heathrow check-in worker Nadia Eweida who was sent home after refusing to remove the crucifix which alledgedly breached BA's dress code.I wonder who complained about this lady wearing such a small crucifix, the symbol of her faith, on her neck. But the hypocrite British Airways makes exceptions for Muslim and Sikh minorities by allowing them to wear hijabs and turbans. Now, what is all this about? A Christian citizen of Britain cannot wear a symbol of her faith but the immigrant minorities can? When was that passed as a law, may I ask?

1 comment:

Selfuss said...

Main problem of the west is Individualism...people are far more into themselves then into patriotism
"we live our life and die nothing else matters but the moment..." this is the concept and this is how most of the western world is preserving its future path to be...